Introduction to Text Processing in LaTeX
Description:LaTeX is one of the most popular document preparation system for high-quality typesetting. Most technical and scientific documents for science communication and/or publication is often produced using LaTeX. You can not only write your thesis using LaTeX but also prepare your curriculum vitae, resume and even your presentation. Once you learn LaTeX, you would rarely want to use a word processor again for writing articles.
- As of now, this course is foreseen to take place in-person at the CIP Pool, INF 226, CIP 1.305
- Date and time: 11.4. - 14.4.2023, from 9:00-12:00.
What this course will cover:
- Introduction to basics of LaTeX and basic document structures
- Compiling TeX code with command line and TeX editor to produce a pdf output
- Formatting the look of your newly created document (font, style, page dimensions)
- Cross referencing and typesetting in math mode
- Insert figures and tables to your LaTeX document
- How to write your thesis using LaTeX?
- How to create a presentation in LaTeX?