Cosmic Ray Neutron Sensing
Job Title: Code Refactoring C++/QT
Location: 100% Remote
Contract Length: 3 months+ contract
1. C++ proven expertise, QT highly recommended
2. Script development, tuning, performance, refactoring, testing
3. experience with CERN's ROOT package beneficial
4. MINT education
Need for a C++ developer to conduct a code refactoring task for the software package URANOS:
URANOS is a Monte Carlo Software Tool for Environmental Science. URANOS is an in-house development from the Physikalisches Institut written in C++ with few dependencies: QT, ROOT and QCustomplot.
The developer in charge is supposed to refactor the code in terms of synchronization with the current QT version, restructure the code in terms of C++ coding best practices, cutover of database objects, redesigning class structures and commenting.
Required status: enrolled in a German University.
Payment and working time according to student's degree
- with a Bachelor's degree: 10 h/week for at least three months
- with a Master's degree: 7 h/week for at least three months
Start of the contract: 1.8.2021
Dr. Markus Köhli
Tel.: +49 (0) 6221 / 54 19443
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Schmidt
Tel.: +49 (0) 6221 / 54 19460