Physikalisches Institut der Universität Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 226
Tel: +49 (0)6221 / 54 19600
Fax: +49 (0)6221 / 54 19540
- If travelling by plane, the nearest airport is Frankfurt(FRA). From Frankfurt airport to Heidelberg, you can either take the Lufthansa Airport Shuttle or the train. In both cases it takes about 60 min.
- Low budget airlines serve Frankfurt-Hahn and Baden-Airpark. From both airports Heidelberg is easy to reach by regular coach services.
- Also Stuttgart Airport is quite near. From there it takes about 90 minutes by train to Heidelberg.
By Train to Heidelberg
By Public Transport to the Institute
- At the main station (northern exit) buy a City-Tarif Heidelberg ticket (1,00 Euro) and take the tram line 21 (to Handschusheim) or the tram line 24 (to Handschusheim) to Bunsengymansium.
- When you leave the tram you are standing in front of a gas station. Walk in the opposite direction to the Neuenheimer Feld, until you see a large black buildung on the left side. The number 226 is the new Physikalisches Institut.
- For maps, timetables and prices consult the local public transport organizationVerkehrsverbund Rhein-Neckar.
- Take autobahn A5 coming from north or south until Kreuz Heidelberg.
- There, exit direction Heidelberg (A656).
- Go straight until the end of the autobahn.
- Turn left and follow B37 direction Eberbach.
- On B37 after the bridge turn right in the Vangerowstraße (B37).
- Turn right to the L600A (Jahnstraße).
- Go straight ahead along the Neckar bridge, ahead on the Berliner Straße.
- turn left at the second traffic light, to the street "Im Neuenheimer Feld".
- Try to find a parking lot.
- Parking in the Neuenheimer Feld ist basically only allowed with an park ticket (parking license). In front of our adjoining building (INF 227a) are some parking places for visitors.
A word of warning: