EMMI workshop "Particle dynamics under extreme matter conditions"
Speyer, Germany, 26-29 September 2010
The aim of the EMMI workshop "Particle dynamics under extreme matter conditions" is to bring together the experts who share their interest in studying the properties and behavior of both, simple electronic systems and electromagnetic plasmas in the realm of high (collision) velocities and extremely strong electromagnetic fields. The following topics is to be covered during the meeting:
- Pair production in the presence of strong laser fields
- Critical and super-critical atomic fields, heavy quasi-molecules
- Laser acceleration of electrons and ions, and its applications
- Non-linear particle dynamics in intense laser fields
- Testing of quantum electrodynamics (QED) under extreme conditions
- Collective effects in laser-plasma interactions
The workshop is supported by the ExtreMe Matter Institute EMMI at the GSI Helmholtz Center for Heavy Ion Research.